Monday, March 8, 2010

Past Past and Present Past

How do you like that title? Now that I have you totally confused I guess I should explain......
I spend a lot of time in the past looking for my ancestors - the "past past". But I need to tell you about my more recent past from time to time also, and I call that "present past". Got that? :-)

The first "present past" -

I didn't realize it until later in life, but I grew up very lucky. Lucky because I grew up around BOTH sets of my grandparents and I got to know, briefly, 3 of my great-grandmothers and one of my great-grandfathers. I've found, over the years of helping people find their roots, that not too many can say that. It seems, that while having all those greats and grandparents around was normal for me, there are a great many people out there who never got to know even one grandparent....let alone a great-grandparent.

This realization made me stop and think about all the wonderful memories that I have and how lucky I was to know all of them. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment