Monday, March 1, 2010

Castles

My 8 year old, Emily, came home from school one day not too long ago and wanted to know if any of our ancestors had lived in a castle and told me that they were studying castles in class. I've always made her very aware of her heritage and have tried to involve her in the research process as much as you can involve a young child. She loves going to cemeteries with me....unlike her big sister - who if you remember, learned to read in a cemetery and now hates going with me.

Emily and I got down the family history that I've been putting together. It's a pretty extensive genealogy with bios on important people, pictures of where they lived - if possible, etc. I turned back to where I had a few pictures of castles and showed them to her. "You mean people we're related to really lived in them? That's SO COOL!"

That night Emily told me that she thought it was "really awesome that you do genealogy, Mom. You have some pretty cool stuff in those books."

1 comment:

  1. This is turning into such an awesome blog site. You are a natural blogger.

    ReplyDelete