Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why am I here?

For a few years now people have been telling me "You need to write a book." About what? "Your research - how you found your family history." And who would read such a thing? "Many people would be interested, but mostly, it'll be something for your family - a legacy you can leave them." Oh. Ok. Well, maybe I will. For now, though, I'll blog and see what happens.


So, here I am. Day 1. Why am I here?

I am here thanks to hundreds and hundreds of ancestors before me. I am here thanks to their normal day to day lives - no matter how insignificant or how magnificant their life may have been. I am here because they lived......and died......with no thought to what their time on earth would mean to anyone other than themselves. I am here to honor them and to learn from them and to tell their stories.

I am here....because.

2 comments:

  1. Good start, Kim! It looks like you're heading in the right direction! Say nice things about your cousins on your blog (ha-ha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nice cousins??????? LOL

    ReplyDelete